home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #109

Oh My!
I love how bright and cheerful that room above is.
Tempts me to throw everything out in my house and simplify...simplify!

So I'm super late getting Mod Mix Monday up.
Like it's now...Tuesday.
I have a good reason though...I was celebrating my birthday with my Mom.
I've been celebrating for almost a week.
Monday was the first day both Mom and I could spend the whole day together.
We went shopping and went to the movies and out to eat.
We saw "The Lone Ranger"
Mom's choice.
I wasn't excited about it but ended up enjoying it.
Lots of silliness in it...which is kind of weird.
But I swear when the William Tell Overture starts up it takes you right back to your childhood.
I heard one little boy say after the movie..."that was the best movie....ever!"

Here we go with my favorites from last week...
Patti at Old Things New created several succulent plantings.
My favorite was this three tiered succulent garden.
Amy of The Blissful Bee made this pretty photography backdrop. 
It's simple to make and it's very effective in the finished photos.
Angela of Number Fifty Three is at it again with this wonderful gray chest.
As always...she styles it beautifully.
Jennifer of Decorated Chaos made over a cheapy dollar store urn with 
oil rubbed bronze spray paint. It's worthy of the patio now.
The Weathered Door has another gorgeous piece of furniture done over.
Of course I love this one all pretty and white!

Share your new mixes below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for another party Nita!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a happy week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Unknown said...

Hi there Nita. So nice that you and your mom got to spend the day together yesterday. We saw The Lone Ranger over the weekend. Mr. OTN thought the silliness was weird too. I love anything with Johnny Depp so I liked it immensely!

Thank you so much for featuring my tiered succulents. You made my day.
Blessings to you,
Patti

Rachel Paxton said...

Thanks for hosting, Nita. Happy birthday!

Rachel @ Maison de Pax

Number Fifty-Three said...

Thanks you so much for the feature, Nita!

Angela @ Number Fifty-three

Dewena said...

Happy Birthday, Nita! I'm all with you about celebrating the whole week, only I tend to stretch it to thinking the whole month belongs to me! So are you going to pick the movie when it's your mom's birthday? (That's why you're a sweeter girl than I am!)

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks for hosting Nita. Such lovely features and the posts joining in today are great.
Joy

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Great to join in, thanks for hosting.
Denise

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting!

xo, Tanya

Laurel Stephens said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed a special time with your mom. Happy Birthday! Thanks for hosting anytime!

Cindi Myers said...

Dang it! How did I miss your birthday!?
Jeez, Facebook was supposed to let me know! (Hmmm, wait, maybe it did...Oops.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you had a good day with your Mom. I want to see that movie just because of Depp and also the horses. I do love horses!
Well, wishing you a Fabulous Birthday Week Darling!
You so deserve!
xoxo -Cindi
(great picks as always.)

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for featuring my dollar stor urn makeover...and for hosting another party. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com

Scribbler said...

Happy birthday! Thanks for hosting -- better late than never, right? I can't half-see anyway, so I will have to come back and check out everything. I do like the wall color in that first photo.

vintage girl at heart said...

Happy Birthday week!!

Unknown said...

Hello, I was very encouraged to locate this website. The reason currently being that this is these kinds of an useful post. I wished to thank you for this useful read of the topic.

Tub reglazing cost
Tub refinishing Connecticut