home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, September 23, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #120

Super Pretty!
I really like this space. 
I am finally painting my living room and dining room white.
Much like this.
If I didn't have to work this week...it would be done in a couple of days.
But since I have to work...I'm hoping to get it done some time next weekend. 
Of course deciding to paint the rooms has led me to think I need to change quite a few other things.
But I can tell you right now...I'm super excited about the new color in my house.
Or rather having less color.

For you see...
I have not been showing my living room and dining room much here because I just was so 
over the wall color.
I was tired of all of it. I had grown to hate it.
Last year, I didn't even want to put up my Halloween or Christmas because I just didn't 
want to see it all again with the yellow walls. 

I think this new wall color will give me a new lease of life. 
Yes, indeed color can change your life. 
Or at least I'm sure it will change mine.

Now on to Mod Mix Monday....so much good stuff this past week.
Ethereal Plus What I Love gave us a tour of her living room.
It's such a pretty space, all of it.
But I was struck by how casual this chair looked with the addition of the ruffled slipcover.
Notice the pillow? Isn't it something? A cute something!
Oh...I'd like it with a couple of weenies on it.
Tanya of Twelve O Eight created this cute chalkboard for Halloween.
She used a new product that will turn anything into a chalkboard.
Oh...this has me thinking!
I love the crow perched on the frame. 
Homecoming painted a little tray with pink stripes. 
It's just perfect for her home. Super cute.
Rachel of Maison de Pax took a rather plain mirror and turned it into this fabulously 
distressed antique number. She just added strips of molding, painted and distressed it.
I won't be looking at big cheap mirrors in the same way ever again.
I definitely need one of these.
Little pumpkins all in a row.
Michele of Sew Sweet Vintage made these cute little chenille pumpkins.
Aren't they sweet? And easy to make too.
Karen of Some What Quirky Design dried the last hydrangeas of the summer 
and composed a beautiful fall mantel with them. 
Oh...the colors in this are amazing. And notice the old gas heater parts included.

As usual an amazing assortment of projects.

Share your new mixes below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

21 comments:

Vintage Paint and more... said...

The features are amazing this week - I, too, am in love with that mirror... thank you for hosting. Have a great week, Cathy

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

Thanks so much for featuring my DIY Striped Tray. I'm honored!

Thehouseofhampton said...

Nita, I've always said " a can of paint can change your life". So naturally I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. Equally important, how it makes you feel!
Have a great week!
Sharon
@novaraway

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi Nita, thanks for hosting, love joining in. Paint makes such a fresh difference.
Denise

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I could have written this post about my own living room! We've been in our home for 9 years and I've been living with the yellow walls painted by the previous owner. I can't even sit in the room anymore without thinking about the day I paint over that tiresome color (I also had the same color in our previous home for 5 years.). I'm trying to finish up all the small projects I've got going so I can give our living room the attention it's begging for. I can't wait to see your reveal!

Great features!

Eileen said...

I know what you mean about color ~ once you're over it, you're over it and nothing will do but to paint the walls something new. I look forward to seeing your rooms with the new color.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the new color for your living room, Nita. Thanks so much for hosting.

Anonymous said...

All white walls will look great with your furnishings! I too love an all white wall living and dining area. It allows you to do so much in the space. That first photo shows how great it can be with those colors. I LOVE that mirror!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Tarnished Royalty said...

Thank you for the party, Nita. Great features! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Cindi Myers said...

Great picks as always!
Thanks for always doing this link-up!
Love it!
My kitchen and living room and laundry room are all White and I love it.....
But I'm painting the kitchen Grey and the laundry room...deep bright turquoise...or green...or orangy red.
Hahahahahaha!
Time will tell.
(but I do love White!)

Rhonda said...

Thanks for hosting the party. I liked you on Facebook and Google+. Come visit my blog obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com
on Friday for our party!

Maryann - Interior Salvage said...

Hi Nita,

Love that ruffle slip too, so cute! Wish I had something to share this week but I've just been cleaning the garage.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Happy Fall! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the feature Nita! I love that Scottie Pillow too, and I could totally see one of the weenies lounging there :) xo

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Rachel Paxton said...

Thank you so much for featuring my mirror, Nita! And thanks for hosting. :)

Rachel @ www.maisondepax.com

ursula said...

Hello!
First time visiting your lovely blog! Thank you for hosting this party and I hope to visit again next Monday!
Cheers,
Ursula

SewSweetVIntage said...

Awe, thank you so much for featuring my little pumpkins:)

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I changed the colour of kitchen walls from very yellow (from the previous owners) to a soft colour and it changes the atmosphere of the room so much. You'll be happy once you're done painting.

Cindy said...

Hi Nita, I love the room that you posted, it has all the right elements!
A very fun party once again, I enjoyed visiting several of them.
Perhaps I'll have something to join up with next week.