home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, March 17, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #144

A Bit O' Green
via
For St. Patrick's Day Mod Mix Monday I wanted to show a little green.
This image from vogue is just that...a little bit of green.
Doesn't that green bottle just make the vignette?
I love that mirror shelf thing too. 
This whole grouping is of stuff that I personally would never put together.
And look how great it looks! I could do without the huge hand but I love all else. 
Although the hand works...I just don't care for it.

Before we get to this week's favorites....here is my St. Patrick's Day decor from last year.
It didn't happen this year. I was too busy. 
I had even added the word lucky to my shamrock banner
in prep for putting it out this year. But life had other plans for me.

Now there were so many good things in last week's party that I really had a hard time choosing
my favorites. I could have shown twice this amount!

Let's get started...
 Revi of Revisionary Life juiced up her living room with radiant orchid touches. 
This is just one little part of it. 
 Ricki Jill of Art at Home wallpapered her stairs!
Aren't they pretty? Adore
 Ann of Tarnished Royalty created this inventive candle display. 
I love all the different shades of cream. 
Penny of Penny's Vintage Home is busy filling up her new greenhouse which should really be called a pink house. 
I love this pink dresser full of spring ferns and flowers. 
 Victoria of Trois Petites Filles has a house full of pretty stuff. 
In this post she shared her victorian sofa that she painted with chalk paint.
 I can't resist a piece of chippy white furniture like this. This one by Darrielle of
Kim of Reposhture Studio made over her kitchen with a little paint and some left over wood.
Notice the legs she added to her cabinets. I love the way they make her cabinets look. 
 Amy of Maison Decor added vintage inspired moldings to her fireplace and 
painted it. Now it's so special and before it was plain. She also sells these moldings
in her shop. So if you need some...she's your girl.
And finally, I could not resist this chair makeover by Ash Tree Cottage.
There is a sweet little furry babe taking a nap in it.

This week is the first week of spring and I am so ready as I am sure you all are too!
I can't wait to put plants outside.
I've been living with ferns in the breakfast nook all winter and it's time for them to get out
of the way. 
I want my room back!

Hoping with the new job...I can actually buy some of the things I've wanted for a long time.
But that is putting the cart before the horse. 

I just need to get through training and see if I can even do this.
I'll give you updates.
This week is going to be a challenge blogging wise.
I am just so close to finishing my furniture makeover.
And I've got to sew up some fabric to show here this week too.
Somehow it will get done....or maybe it won't. 
I'm going to try not to stress about it.

Now Let's Party like it's St. Patrick's Day 2014, which it is!

Share your Mod Mix's in this week's party below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

24 comments:

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Thank you so much for featuring my repurposed chest of drawers! Have a great week.....hugs, Penny

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It's amazing how all the features have light colours in them, perfect for spring!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Great features, Nita! I'm in love with Ricki Jill's wallpapered stair risers! Best of luck with your new job!!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Why is it that every time i stop by to see the features, it adds another thing to my to-do list!?!?!!
I LOVE the stairs and my back stairs need this treatment in the worst way. Thanks for sharing all of this vintage goodness and also for featuring my mini kitchen makeover. So appreciate the compliment!
Hope this week goes well. Will be thinking of you…
<3,
Kim@reposhture

Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com said...

That kitchen is awesome! What a great re-do. Thanks for another fun party Nita. Have a fantastic week :)

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Nita, the features are beautiful - love them all. Happy St. Patricks Day... Cathy

Unknown said...

Nita, Thank you for featuring my settee. Those shabby stairs...oh my...be still my heart. I was reading your post about your fur babies last night and it made me very happy.

Love,
Victoria

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

LOVE your features this week, Nita!
Thanks so much for hosting sweet gal.
Have a great week,
Suzanne

Tarnished Royalty said...

Such beautiful features this week, how happy I am to be among them! Thank you so much Nita for featuring my candle display!
Tarnished Royalty

Unknown said...

Love all your gorgeous features today Nita. Thanks for hosting and blessings to you,
Patti

Abby said...

Thank you for hosting, gorgeous features, so inspiring!
Something went wrong with my picture, sorry...the start to a crazy monday, lol.

Susan Freeman said...

Thank you for featuring my chair with Bentley curled up taking a nap. Guess what ~ he's there right now as I am typing this note to you. Thank you for this week's party and Happy St Patrick's Day!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Such talented bloggers. Love the features this week (always). Thanks for hosting Nita.
Joy

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Your decorating for St.Patrick's day last year is lovely.
Thanks for the party.
Have a nice week.
Denise

Debra@CommonGround said...

Happy St. Patty's Day, thanks so much for hosting!

DD's Cottage said...

Thanks for hosting and for featuring my Vanity dressed in white! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous features Nita, I am so inspired to get out my sander and refinish some furniture! Have a wonderful week- xo

Tanya

BigLittle said...

Just found your link! I hope to be able to link up again next week. Thanks for hosting, all the best, Lisa x

Ricki Treleaven said...

I remember your decor from last year. So cute!

Thanks for featuring our stairs. They make us smile everyday!

I think I visited every post last week, and I enjoyed them all. I know it was difficult to pick features, so I feel honored.

I can't wait to see what folks have posted this week! I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day. We were at a horse show all weekend, so we had a laid-back celebration with crockpot corned beef and cabbage and Irish soda bread.

xo,
RJ

fiona anderson said...

Thank you for hosting the party. Google say I'm already following you but I'm having trouble signing in, sorry, I'll try again just to make sure I'm following. I'm off to check out the great features and have a look at the other links. Thanks again Fiona

Revi said...

Thank you so much for featuring my radiant orchid living room, Nita! I always love a feature at your party. This is one of my favorites! Thanks for hosting.
-Revi

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love your sideboard. It's very beautiful. ♡

Amy Chalmers said...

HI Nita,
I wanted to thankyou for putting up my mantle makeover! So many people have such good ideas, this is such a great party, and you are a great hostess! Good luck with the job, I love hearing the updates.